Home \ Achievements
- Recognition of VPS Lakeshore Pathology Unit by the Indian College of Pathologists (ICP) as a centre for conducting PDCC course in Gastrointestinal & Hepathic Pathology.
- Bilateral Total Hip Replacement using Ceramic Head with Metal liner for the first time in Asia.
- Ultramodern Joint replacement division with Indias first Digitally Integrated Orthopedic Operation Theatre with guided airflow system.
- Reputed Oncology centre of Kerala which pioneered Peripheral Stem Cell therapy in adults and children.
- Advanced endoscopic training is imparted to Gastroenterologists from various parts of India and from foreign countries including USA.
- Recognition of VPS Lakeshore Gastro Intestinal Surgery Unit as a training centre for FRCS examination by the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.
- First simultaneous Liver & Kidney Transplant in the state in the year 2014.
- Per Oral Endoscopic Myotomy(POEM) for the treatment of Achalasia Cardia done for the first time in the state in the year 2013.
- Spyglass Cholangioscopy for assessing Biliary Pancreatic Diseases started for the first time in the state in the year 2012.
- First Liver Dialysis in Kerala in the year 2007.
- First Living Related Liver Transplant on an overseas patient in Kerala in the year 2006.
- First Bone Marrow Transplant in Kerala (for a child) in the year 2005.
- First Living Related Liver Transplant in Kerala in the year 2005.
- The first Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) reconstruction using Ultrabutton Technology in India.
- Urinary tract replaced with appendix in a 3D Laparoscopy Surgery-first of its kind in India and third in the world.
- Best Regional Insurance Service Provider for Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd in 2013 - 14.