Accident & Emergency
Patients Login Portal
Dental Sciences & Maxillofacial Surgery in Kochi
Our Dental Sciences & Maxillofacial Surgery department comes with excellent solutions for all your dental problems. Lakeshore hospital has a team that has been pioneers in this specialty of surgery for over 45 years.
Corrective jaw surgery :
1. Done for persons where jaws don't fit together properly.
2. This will improve both jaw function as well as appearance in affected patients.
3. Involves Cosmetic correction of lower and upper jaw Protrusion or Retrusion.
4. Includes Advancement or Reduction of Chin.
MANAGEMENT OF JAW JOINT (TMJ) PAIN, DISLOCATIONS & RELATED CONDITIONS
Combined conservative therapy and treatment for better mouth opening and chewing. We have performed rare surgeries for conditions of the joint called Ankylosis, where the lower jawbone is fused to the upper jaw.
CYST & TRAUMA SURGERY OF THE JAW BONES
SINGLE OR MULTIPLE DENTAL/TEETH IMPLANTS:
MINOR DENTAL SURGERIES
1) Impacted tooth removal: Single or multiple wisdom teeth surgeries.
2) Endodontic surgery: Surgical root canal treatment
3) Periodontal surgery: Gum depigmentation
1. Gingivectomy (lengthening tooth size)
2. Frenectomy - Tongue tie release
3. Gum flap surgery
4. Vestibuloplasty (Lip lengthening) & Alveolar ridge augmentation
Most of these can be done by conventional methods or with Laser-assisted surgery.
We can improve, your confidence by improving your smile. our conservative and cosmetic dental team can provide you with services from simple fillings to veneers & laminates that will change your smile line completely.
If you have chipped or broken teeth, an endodontic team will restore them with Ceramic, laser sintered, Emax or Zirconia crowns, that would match exactly with your actual teeth.
You could alternatively refreshen your smile with a Laser Whitening with us or put a sparkling jewel on your teeth.
We try to reduce your treatment time to the maximum with single-sitting procedures as far as possible.
if you have single or multiple teeth that require Root canal treatment, our Endodontic specialists will do them for you in a single visit and using Laser micro-Endodontic techniques. Even failed root canal treatments for those done in the past years with older techniques, which are troubling you can be Re-treated (Re-RCT) with Laser Endodontics.
We have a specialized and highly competent Prosthodontic wing that will give you new teeth if you have lost them in the past or due to trauma.
Our dental Prosthetic lab can replace your lost dentition with all the latest available techniques, both fixed & removable. our lab has replaced teeth along with prosthesis for patients who have lost entire parts of their jaws due to trauma or surgery due to cancer.
Skull Prosthesis for the protection of the brain following Neurosurgical procedures & artificial Eyes, Nose Ears can be fabricated within this specialty department.
If you have a problem with snoring and need surgery for it, we combine a special prosthesis with it so that the intensity of the surgical procedure is reduced.
Our weekend clinics for Pediatric dentistry will take good care of your child's teeth and smile as they grow over the years.
We will identify problems in the growth pattern of your child's jaws and teeth early enough to modify them so that they may become confident of their smile & facial personality in the future.
From regular dental cleaning to fillings, we provide Pediatric Dental services extending to even Root canals & crowns to preserve milk teeth.
Pediatric Dentofacial Orthopedics is a system used to modify and improve the growth pattern of your child's facial structure.
No need to worry if your child has protruding or crowded teeth, our orthodontic team will set them right with simple aligners to a more complex system of braces. No matter how crowded your smile looks, we will have a solution for you under this wing.
Even if you are an adult with malaligned teeth and think you have missed the bus, we will give you options from translucent, tooth-colored braces or even braces that can be worn on the inner side of your teeth (Lingual Orthodontics), so that they cannot be noticed.
If you have a gummy smile, we can combine your Orthodontic treatment along with an Esthetic surgery to correct that.
We always work as a team to provide you with the Best Solutions for your Dental & Faciomaxillary problems.
Laser treatment for gum disease, teeth whitening, and smile correction.
Laser therapy for oral lesions.
Senior Consultant & HOD
DENTAL PROCEDURES DONE AS OUTPATIENT ONLY
1. Dental X-Ray - X-Ray for individual tooth
2. Orthopantomogram X-Ray - X-Ray of all teeth together + both jaws & joints
3. Biopsy - Excisional/incisional- for diagnosis of pathology in the mouth
4. Temperomandibular intra-articular injections - for implantation & dislocation of joints due to arthritic changes
5. Anti-Oxidants/Mucosal injections - for inflammatory conditions like ulcers of the mouth.
6. Normal Extractions - removal of tooth without stitch
7. Surgical Extractions - more difficult removal of tooth with stitches
8. Open method extractions - even more difficult removal of tooth where bone has to be cut, with stitches
9. lmpaction extractions - wisdom tooth removal, where tooth is fully embedded in bone
10. Cyst enucleations - removal of small growth of tissue formed due to an infected tooth inside the jaw that can be seen only in x-ray
11. Minor oral surgery procedures - for removal of tumors that can be seen inside the mouth
12. Fracture-maxilla wiring - similar to putting plaster on hands & legs without surgical intention
13. Fracture-mandible wiring - similar to putting plaster on hands & legs without surgical intention
14. Flap Operations - for weak gums causing tooth mobility
15. Scaling and gum treatment - normal cleaning & polishing of teeth
16. Gingivectomy - removal of upper part of gum /causing a gummy smile (smile line correction)
17. Gum Depigmentation - for discolored or dark colored gums (Surgical/Laser)
18. Gum veneer - where gums have receded exposing the roots & making the teeth look long
19. Laser assisted dental treatments - for RCTs, bleaching, for gums (Depigmentation)
20. Teeth whitening
21. Endodontic & Root canal treatment - for retaining infected tooth with deep cavity where just filling is of no use
22. Surgical RCT - where the infected tooth had led to formation of a cyst or collection of pus.
23. Composite restorations - tooth colored filling
24. GIC restorations - less expensive, doesn't have strength & color matching as that of composites
25. Coronoplasty - shaping of tooth with sharp margins whenever required
26. Tooth Veneer - Laminate layer on partially deformed or severely discolored teeth
27. Tooth Crown - for broken or root canal treated tooth
28. Prosthodontic post & core - for tooth fractured or broken during an accident
29. Prosthodontic Bridge Crowns - fixed replacement for lost/missing teeth
30. Partial denture - removable replacement for lost/missing teeth
31. Complete denture - replacement of all teeth in elderly: 1. Removable 2. partially fixed 3. Fixed
32. Dental Implant Procedures - fixed replacement for missing tooth/teeth
33. Prosthodontic obturators - artificial/ plastic replacement of jaws after cancer surgery
34. Dentofacial Orthopedics - for children with faulty growth of face
35. Removable Orthodontic Devices - for mildly crowded teeth (aligners & other appliances)
36. Fixed orthodontic - braces for correcting irregularity of teeth - 1.Ceramic/tooth colored 2. Translucent 3. Steel
37. Pediatric dental restorations - fillings for children less than 12 years
38. Pediatric RCT - Pulpectomy - RCT for milk teeth
39. Pediatric RCT - Pulpotomy - RCT for milk teeth
40. Pediatric crowns - for broken milk tooth
41. Pediatric extractions - Removal of tooth for children
42. Pediatric appliances - prosthesis used for breaking habits like thumb sucking, mouth breathing, tongue thrusting, lip biting
PROCEDURES IN THE OPERATION THEATRE UNDER GENERAL ANESTHESIA
1. Multiple extractions in single sitting - to reduce amount of local anesthesia given at a time due to shortage of time, convenient for the patient
2. Multiple root canals - Same as above
3. Removal of larger cysts & tumors of the jaw
4. Multiple surgical root canals
5. Removal of deeply impacted wisdom tooth or for multiple wisdom teeth removal
6. Fracture reductions, Open surgical & fixation with titanium or resorbable plates & screws
7. Orthognathic surgery - cosmetic surgery for correction of jaw deformities
Senior Consultant & HOD
VPS Lakeshore Hospital conducted Voice Week from April 17th to 22nd.
World Voice Day is a worldwide annual event on April 16, to create awareness of problems, diagnosis, and treatment of various voice-related diseases.
VPS Lakeshore Hospital launches a new initiative that provides free cochlear implant surgery for congenitally deaf children.
As part of International Women's Day, VPS Lakeshore hospital has announced a 50% discount on Women's health checkup packages.
In association with the 50th anniversary of the Challengers club, Panagad, VPS Lakeshore conducted a half marathon on 26th February 2023.
VPS Lakeshore Hospital donated a vehicle (echo) to contribute to the daily needs of Sehion Preshitha Sangham Charitable Trust.
VPS Lakeshore Hospital will organize the Kerala State Mid-term AOI CON 2023, Live Surgical Workshop on March 18 and 19, 2023. The theme for the year is "From Grommets to Implants."
VPS Lakeshore Installs World’s most Advanced Lab analyzer for the First time in Kerala.