Best Nuclear Medicine Treatments In Kochi.
Nuclear Medicine is a relatively new and rapidly developing medical specialty which uses trace amounts of radionuclides for imaging and treatment of cancers and non-cancerous conditions. The unique feature of Nuclear Medicine is that, it demonstrates organ function in contrast to routine diagnostic radiology which provides structural details.
These Nuclear Medicine procedures detect abnormalities much earlier than other diagnostic tests in many conditions as the functional changes occur earlier than structural changes become apparent, thereby leading to earlier treatment with better outcome. With the advent of Hybrid imaging methods such as SPECT/ CT and PET/ CT in Nuclear Medicine, both structural and functional details can be obtained at the same time.
VPS Lakeshore’s Nuclear Medicine Department has a well-trained team of doctors and technologists who have mastered the art of serving patients using the most advanced and updated methods.
The Key Highlights of this Department are:
SPECT CT / Gamma Camera Imaging
Allows the proper assessment of various organs by performing the following tests:
- Bone Scan
- Brain Spect
- Brain Scintigraphy(DTPA)
- Direct Radionuclide Cystogram(DRCG/VUR)
- DMSA III Renal Scan
- DMSA-V Whole Body Scan
- DTPA/EC Renal Scan
- DTPA/EC Pre and Post Captopril Renal Scan
- Esophageal Transit Study
- First Pass Study
- Gastroesophageal Reflux / Milk Scan
- Gastric Emptying Study
- GI Bleed Study
- Hepatobiliary Scintigraphy HIDA Scan
- Ictal AND Interictal Brain SPECT-CT
- I-131 Thyroid Uptake Scan
- I-131 Whole Body Scan
- Octreotide Scintigraphy (HYNICTOC)
- Liver / Spleen (RES) SCAN
- Liver (Blood Pool Scan)
- Lung Perfusion Study
- Lung Ventilation and Perfusion (V/Q SCAN)
- Lung Shunt Quantification
- Meckel’s Scan
- MIBG Scan
- MUGA/ERNA Study
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan (REST)
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan (REST & ADENOSINE STRESS)
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan (REST & DOBUTAMINE STRESS)
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan (REST & EXERCISE STRESS)
- Parathyroid Scintigraphy
- Perchlorate Discharge Test
- Peritoneo Plural Scan
- Transplant Renal Scan
- Salivary Scintigraphy
- Sentinel Lymph Node Scintigraphy
- Sestamibi - Tumor Imaging
- Testicular Scan
- TC-99M Thyroid Scan
- Trodat Scan
Commonly used for the analysis of Cancer, Brain, Heart diseases,
Infections and Inflammatory disorders. Performs the following PET/CT procedures:
- F-18 FDG Whole Body PET/CT
- F-18 FDG Brain PET/CT
- F-18 FDG Cardiac PET/CT
- F-18 Whole Body Bone Scan
- F-18 F-DOPA PET/CT
- Ga-68 DOTANOC PET/CT
- Ga-68 PSMA PET/CT
Radionuclide Therapy The department provides a wide range of Radionuclide therapies as listed below:
- Radioiodine therapy (for thyroid carcinoma and hyperthyroidism)
- Bone pain palliation
- Lu-177 DOTATATE therapy (For Neuroendocrine tumour)
- Lu-177 PSMA therapy (For Prostate Cancer)
- Transarterial Radio Embolisation (for liver tumour)
Consultant & HOD - Nuclear Medicine
MBBS, MD (Nuclear Medicine, PGIMER), FANMB, FEBNM
Consultant & HOD - Nuclear Medicine
Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil has been re-elected as the Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Amanat Holdings for the second time.
VPS Lakeshore to join hands with BPCL for Medical Aid Society
This course is aimed to provide the clinician with skills to analyse, interpret and evaluate scientific data and publications.
സോറിയാസിസ് പകർച്ചവ്യാധിയല്ല, സോറിയാസിസനെക്കുറിച്ചും അതുവരാനുള്ള സാധ്യതകളെക്കുറിച്ചും ശരിയായ ചികിത്സാരീതികളെയും കൂടുതൽ മനസിലാക്കാം.
പ്രമേഹരോഗ ചികിത്സയിലെ നൂതന സാങ്കേതിക വിദ്യകൾ - ഡോ. ജോസഫ് കെ. ജോസഫ്
After 860 dialysis and 7 years of waiting, it's second lease of lives for Babu and Sindhu
860 ഡയാലിസിസിനു ശേഷം ബാബുവിനും 7 വര്ഷത്തെ ചികിത്സയ്ക്കൊടുവില് സിന്ധുവിനും ഇത് പുനര്ജന്മം.
Doctors at VPS Lakeshore Hospital, Kochi performed a difficult liver surgery on Surajmal, 63, who was suffering from a rare complication.