MBBS, DNB, MNAMS, DipALS, FAIS, FIMSA, FCLS, FRCS( GL)
Dr. R. Padmakumar is Senior Consultant & HOD of Minimally Invasive Surgery Department. He has been changing lives through Keyhole Surgery. He is renowned for new and improved treatment techniques, hailed as a leading Obesity Surgeon in India & UAE. He has got more than 20 years of hands-on experience in Laparoscopic Surgery in major hospitals across India and has completed more than 6000 cases of Laparoscopic Hernia Surgeries. With national and international repute, he is one of the pioneers in performing surgical treatment of non-obese diabetics.
- He is the first surgeon to win approval from the UAE’s Ministry of
Health to conduct Keyhole surgery for diabetes.
- He has the unique distinction of being an expert Bariatric surgeon who is highly skilled in endoscopic thyroidectomy, thoracoscopy, laparoscopic
colorectal and hernia surgery as well.
- Specialist in Laparoscopy, Hernia, Cancer, Endoscopic Thyroid
Surgery, Thoracoscopy, Obesity, Diabetic Surgery & Intragastric
His achievements include:
- First to start diabetes mellitus surgery in the state for the non-obese category(Fifth in the World)
- First in the world to do bariatric surgery with abdominoplasty
- First surgeon in entire GCC Countries to do diabetic surgery in non-
- One of the few surgeons in the world doing scarless Thyroid
- World record on successful bowel surgery at 2gm Hb without blood
- Inventor - Innovative technique MISII (Minimally Invasive Surgery for Ileal Interposition) HYBRID technique.
- World record – Branchial Cyst Endoscopic removal in the youngest age (Omani child of 3 years old).
- Recipient of ‘Excellence in Laparoscopy’ Award from Icons of Healthcare, Singapore in July 2017.